Players use a deck of cards to practice mental sums. The learner flips and adds the cards mentally, the winner is the one who gets the highest total of cards.
- Improve their mental calculation.
- Use friendly numbers to try and calculate faster.
How to play
- Each player shuffles his/her deck and lays it FACE DOWN
- A timer calls out: “Go!” and times 1 minute.
- Each player flips over one card at a time and calculates a running total of the values on the cards.
- After one minute the person keeping time shouts “Stop!”
- Players write down their total e.g. 32 for this set of cards:1 + 4 = 5; 5 + 10 = 15; 15 + 3 = 18; 18 + 10 = 28; 28 + 4 = 32
- Players check each other’s totals.
- The winner is the one with the highest total. You cannot win if your total is wrong.