Snakes and Ladders
Players use a dice to play snakes and ladders. They have to shout out the number they are at before they roll again. The winner is the one who gets to 100 first.
- Practice addition and subtraction
- Recognise which numbers come before and after
- Snakes and Ladders board game
How to play:
- Snakes and Ladders are played by two to four players, each with her own token to move around the board.
- Moving: Players roll a die or spin a spinner, then move the designated number of spaces, between one and six. Once they land on a space, they have to perform any action designated by the space.
- Ladders: If the space a player lands on is at the bottom of a ladder, he should climb the ladder, which brings him to space higher on the board.
- Snakes: If the space a player lands on is at the top of a snake, she must slide down to the bottom of it, landing on a space closer to the beginning.
- Winning: The winner is the player who gets to the last space on the board first, whether by landing on it from a roll or by reaching it with a ladder.
NB: Learners may start with one dice then move to two dices to help them with addition.