Build a Snake
Players learn to add or subtract using bottle tops. The learners try to build a snake using bottle tops.
- Bottle tops
- Direction cards (accessible from the above link)
How to play:
- Organise the players into pairs. Provide each learners with ten bottle tops as well as an additional pile of tops, such as twenty, for each pair of players.
- Each player builds a snake of 5 tops to start.
- Prepare “direction cards” showing either addition or subtraction tasks, for example: + 3.
- Have the players take turns to draw a card and follow the instruction by adding or subtracting the correct number of tops to their snake.
- The winner is the first to make a snake of twenty tops.