Roll and Fill
Understanding the reciprocal relationship between addition and subtraction and the role of the equal sign. Each learner is provided with the whole-part grid (see below) and two dice
- Understanding the reciprocal relationship between addition and subtraction and the role of the equal sign.
- Print or draw these Whole and Part Grids
How to play:
- Each learner gets two dices, a whole and part grid, and non-permanent markers.
- The learners roll the two dices and fill the total by adding or subtracting the dices on top of the whole part diagram.
- Write the two numbers rolled in the bottom of the whole-part diagram.
- They must write all the number sentences they can on the side, formulating them using the rolled numbers.