Number pattern investigation
Learners skip count while colouring three 100 grids. They then compare the grids.
- Learn the relationship between different multiplication tables
- Three 100 grids
- plastic sleeves
How to play:
- Hand out activity sheet showing 3 100 grids.
- learners to skip count and complete the grids in such a way as to see the relationships between different multiplication tables.
- Ask questions when the learners are done:
- What do you notice about the bocks that you have coloured in?
- Do they make a patterns on the grid?
- What about the blocks with a X?
- Do they make a pattern on the gird?
- Is there a connection between the two patterns?
- Can you think of a reason this might be?