How close to 100
Players by drawing arrays, the goal is to fill up the grid to get it as full as possible, using the space as efficiently as possible. How close to 100 can you get? How many squares do you have empty?
- Practice multiplication
- 100 grid square sheets
- plastic sleeves
- cleaning cloth
How to play:
- The first player rolls the dice and uses those two numbers to make an array on the 100 grid. FOR EXAMPLE Roll a 2 and 6 so draw a 2 x 6 or 6 x 2 array on the grid
- After the player draws the array on the grid, write in the multiplication sum that describes the array at the bottom of the page. FOR EXAMPLE 2 x 6 = 12 or 6 x 2 = 12
- The second player rolls the dice, draws the array and writes their multiplication sum
- The game ends when both players have rolled the dice and cannot put any more arrays on the grid.
- Each child has a grid of its own. Who can get closest to 100?
- Make grids of 400 and add more dice, or use dice with more sides
- Adapt the game to let the grid represent 100% for older learners