Salute: × and ÷
Players in groups of threes use playing cards to practice multiplication and division.
Practice multiplication and division
- Deck of cards
How to play:
- Remove all picture cards from the deck (i.e. jack, queen, king, joker)
- Players get into groups of three, select the ‘captain’. Captain deals one card to each player, face down.
- When the dealer says “salute”, each player raises the card to his or her forehead.
- The card must face outward but each player may not see their own card.
- The Captain states the product (total of the two cards multiplied) of the cards.
- Each player has to determine the value of the card on his or her forehead by looking at the other person’s card and dividing the total by that number.