Salute – multiplication
Players in groups of threes use playing cards to practice multiplication and division. The captain gives each player a card and they put it on their forehead (salute). The captain tells them the product of the two cards. The players have to guess the number on their card.
- Practice multiplication and division
- Deck of cards
How to play:
Facilitator: please remove all picture cards from the deck (i.e. jack, queen, king, joker)
- players get into groups of three, select the ‘captain’. Captain deals one card to each player, face down.
- When the dealer says “salute”, each player raises the card to his or her forehead.
- The card must face outward but each player may not see their own card.
- The Captain states the product of the cards.
- Each player has to determine the value of the card on his or her forehead by looking at the other person’s card and dividing the product by that number.