Make 10 (Cards)
Learners use playing cards to practice bonds of 10. The winner identifies the most pairs.
- Players practice bonds of 10
How to play
- Remove all cards with a value of 10 and all face cards. Aces have a value of 1.
- Shuffle cards and place 16 cards face up to make a 4 x 4 grid. Place the remaining faces face down on a pile.
- The first player picks up two cards that make 10.
- The player continues picking up 2 cards that make 10 until there are no more cards that add up to 10. Then the player replaces the cards they picked up with cards from the pile.
- The next player repeats step 2 and 3.
- The game ends when there are no more cards that add up to 10.
- The winner is the player with the most cards.
- Pick up any number of cards that make 10 (e.g. pick up three cards: 1, 4 and 5).
- Choose a different number to make. Always have cards that are one less than the number you are trying to make (e.g. if you are trying to make 5, only use cards 1, 2, 3 and 4).