Players make 10 to add. They use the board to identify how much is needed to make 10. One of of the values has to be 10 before adding.
- Practice bridging through 10
- 2 x ten frames for each learner
- Non-permanent markers
How to play:
- Each learner gets a board game and twenty counters.
- Learners place the counters on the board to illustrate the given sum e.g 8 + 5 =
- Learners try to figure out how many they need to make 8 into a 10 and move the counters to the 8 board to make 10
- The learner can now add to get the answer, circling the two numbers that add to 10.