Birds in trees
Learners identify their bonds to 10 as they add and divide
- Learners practice their bonds to 10
How to play
- Divide the classroom in two (use a rope on the floor or two mats) – each section will be a tree
- Get 10 children to run around pretending to be birds.
- When you say “Birds in trees” each learner quickly decides which tree they want to land in.
- The adult then asks “How many birds in this tree? How many birds in that tree? How many birds altogether? So what can we say? (e.g. 7 plus 3 equals ten)