Players get a deck of cards and share five each in pairs. They try to complete a number of challenges given to them.
- Practice place value.
- Pack of Cards
How to play:
- Shuffle the cards, and deal 5 cards to each pair.
- The facilitator sets a number of challenges. Each pair uses some or all of their five cards to try and meet the challenge and beat their partners. They use the same five cards for each challenge.
- Possible challenges:
- Round 1: The largest 3-digit number.
- Round 2: The smallest 4-digit number.
- Round 3: The smallest 2-digit even number.
- Round 4: The largest 2-digit odd number.
- Round 5: The number closest to 500.
- Round 6: The even number closest to 800.
- Round 7: The odd number closest to 700.
- Round 8: The largest 3 digit multiple of 5.
- Round 9: Two cards with the smallest difference.
- Round 10: Two 2 digit numbers with the largest sum.
4. Pairs score 1 point for each challenge they win.
5. The winning pair has the most number of points.