This is a game about counting backwards from 10 and shaking your arms and legs at the same time. The whole class does the actions at the same time
- Practice counting from 10 back to 1
How to play:
- Round 1: Learners begin with their right arm straight up. As a class, learners start counting down from 10 to 1 and shaking their right arm as they go down (10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1). Stop. Then repeat, counting down from 10, but shake the left arm as you count down.
- Repeat the counting down from 10, but now learners stick out their right leg and shake it as they count down. Repeat again, shaking the left leg.
- Round 2: Once learners have finished round 1, start again with the right arm, but this time count down from 9 (9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1). Repeat for the left arm, then right leg, then left leg.
- Continue counting down and shaking the arms and legs, decreasing the number you start at as you go. Finally you will end by simply shaking each arm and leg once as you all say 1, 1, 1, 1.
You can extend this to count backward in 2s, 5s, 10s using whichever number range may be appropriate.