Bonds to 5
- Practice Numbers that make up 5
- 6 x 5 frames
- Counters, beads or beans (of different colours)
How to play
- You will need 2 players
- Place the 6 x 5 frames next to each other in a 3 by 2 grid.
- Put 5 counters/beads of the same colour on the first 5 frame, ask the other player how many? , Then ask how many more to make 5?
- Put 1 counter of one colour on the 5 frame and ask the other player how many?, Then ask how many more to make 5? Then put 4 more counters of a different colour on the 5 frame.
- Continue until you have covered all the numbers that make up 5
Kids can also use their hands . For example they can use their right or left hand by raising all 5 fingers and then put down 2, and will have to count how many are remaining up which add up bonds to 5.